Why should I take Birth Boot Camp as opposed to another childbirth education class?
Birth Boot Camp prides itself on being a completely up to date, evidence based, streamlined, and visually striking program. A few things that sets Birth Boot Camp apart:
- It is important to note that Birth Boot Camp is NOT a method of giving birth, like many other childbirth education classes are. Many moms devote a lot of time and money into one particular birth method only to find out at the time of birth that the method doesn’t work for them as they imagined in a birth setting. To avoid this disappointing experience, we give moms all the tools they need to have hundreds of ways to handle the pains of labor, prepare themselves for birth mentally and physically, and get the birth experience they envision, whatever that may be.
- Birth Boot Camp prides itself on our beautifully updated, full color manuals that come with admission for each class. If you are interested in previewing these amazing materials, please contact me and we can set up a time to meet!
- We have an advisory board of professionals that weigh in on the Birth Boot Camp curriculum and ensure that everything is as up to date as possible. This advisory board includes an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant, a Certified Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Specialist and a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach, a Webster Certified Chiropractor, a Licensed Massage Therapist, and a Certified Professional Midwife.
- The Birth Boot Camp DOULA and Childbirth Education programs work seamlessly together. If you are looking at hiring a doula for your birth, taking a Birth Boot Camp class and hiring a Birth Boot Camp DOULA ensures that you are receiving seamless support and education through your entire pregnancy and birth. Doulas have their own beautiful manual and have all taken the Birth Boot Camp 10 week series, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and you will be comfortable using terminology and techniques that you learned in class.
Which Birth Boot Camp class is right for me?
No matter where you plan on birthing, your previous birth experiences or education, or your goals for your birth, we have a class for you!
- Our 10 week program will prepare you fully and is essentially the same as taking all of the separate classes. This course is perfect for birth newbies or parents that want complete education in one stop.
- The 6 week Hospital birth course is perfect for those who are birthing in a hospital environment, but want more out of their birth class than most hospitals have to offer. We will discuss coping strategies and comfort measures, the in’s and out’s of interventions that you may encounter, and relaxation for an awesome birth experience.
- The 4 week Out-of-Hospital class is great for those that are birthing in an out of hospital environment, such as a birth center or a home birth. We will discuss variations of labor as well as the stages of labor, and more!
- Food and Fitness: A Program for the Childbearing Year is a wonderful introduction class to the world of birth. In this class we focus on training and nutrition that will lead to an amazing pregnancy and birth, and we will also cover mental preparations for birth. This class can be taken at any stage in pregnancy, but is geared towards those in their first or second trimester.
- The Reboot Refresher is designed for those who have had a previous childbirth education class, either during this pregnancy or another. Eligibility for this course is determined on a case-by-case basis so that everyone gets the most out of their Birth Boot Camp experience, so please contact me if you would like more information and to see if you qualify!
- Comfort Measures: Amazing Strategies to Cope With Labor is a one day workshop that is all about labor comfort measures and coping strategies. This class is a wonderful compliment for the 4 week course or any of our shorter courses. Note that the 6 week course and 10 week course include comfort measures in the base curriculum. This class is perfect for the birth partner that wants a really hands-on experience but doesn’t quite feel confident in their abilities.
- Homecoming: Life with a new recruit is a one day workshop all about the newly postpartum period and the care of newborns. This class is a great compliment to our 4 or 6 week courses, or any of the shorter courses. Note that newborn care is included in the base curriculum of our 10 week course. We will discuss the topics you have questions about such as breastfeeding, safe sleep, baby wearing, diapering, and more.
- Birth Boot Camp online is perfect for the couple that is too busy to commit to a weekly course or who does not have access to an instructor in their area.
Why is it called “Birth Boot Camp”?
Birth Boot Camp isn’t named because birth is like a war, but birth is certainly hard work, and a lot of preparation goes into it. It is named Birth Boot Camp to signify the fact that it will be work, and that you’ll come out the other side as a birthing pro! You can expect to finish your course with a whole host of information, techniques, resources, and ideas that you didn’t have before, and you will have the confidence and knowledge you need to have an amazing birth. It should also be noted that while we do provide a fitness program developed by a Certified Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Specialist and a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach, this is not an exercise class.
Do you accept payment plans for classes?
Yes! We are happy to offer a few different payment plan options for our childbirth education students. Payment plan options vary depending on class selection. All payments are due by the first class. If you are interested in a payment plan for your childbirth education class, please note this information on your registration form or contact us for more information.
Do you accept payment plans for doula services?
Yes! We are happy to offer payment plans for doula services. All payments are due by your due date or the time of your birth, whichever comes first. If you are interested in a payment plan for your doula services, please note this information on your registration form or contact us for more information.
What areas do you serve?
I am happy to serve Utah and Salt Lake counties as a doula, childbirth educator and placenta specialist, including Alpine, American Fork, Cedar Fort, Cedar Hills, Draper, Eagle Mountain, Elk Ridge, Highland, Lehi, Lindon, Mapleton, Orem, Payson, Pleasant Grove, Provo, Salem, Santaquin, Saratoga Springs, Spanish Fork, Springville, Vineyard, Woodland Hills, Alta, Bluffdale, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Herriman, Holladay, Midvale, Millcreek, Murray, Riverton, Salt Lake City, Sandy, South Jordan, South Salt Lake, Taylorsville, West Jordan, and West Valley City. If you are outside of my service area feel free to contact me to make special arrangements or for recommendations on a service provider in your area.